I’ve already shared my recipe for traditional Chicken Milanese (i.e. crumbed chicken breasts) but this is the low fat, “low” mess version.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, you can also use mini chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 teaspoons of fresh herbs, I used oregano but you can also use basil or even thyme
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Chop the fresh herbs up, mix with the breadcrumbs and grated parmesan
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper
- Cover the chicken pieces with the breadcrumb mixture
- Place on a greaseproof baking tray
- Spray the chicken pieces lightly with some olive oil spray
- Cook in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until the juices run clear
This is a quick cheat recipe and the bottom side of the chicken might be slightly soggy, however, they are still bloody delicious! Serve with my Melenzane alla parmigiana (Aubergine parmigiana) and a green salad or try my tomato salad.