I LOVE a chip and dip. It’s a thing. Dip something salty and crunchy into something smooth and creamy. Hmmmmmmm….
Recently I’ve found that you just can’t buy anything other than humous in the supermarket. Not quite the same. So I decided to make my own dip and it is GOOD!
- 1 can of white beans, either butter or canellini
- 200g low fat Greek yoghurt
- Half a clove of crushed garlic, if you like it garlicky use the whole clove, it’s good!
- 1 heaped teaspoon crushed sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Combine all of the ingredients apart from the pesto in a blender or mixer until smooth
- Spoon into bowls – this mixture will make at least 2 small bowls
- Dollop 1 tablespoon of pesto on top of each bowl
- Drizzle some additional extra virgin olive oil over the dip
- Serve with your favourite veg sticks or crisps.