This has got to be one of the easiest pasta al forno dishes out there. Once you’ve made the white sauce this is really just an assembly job.
So easy, so delicious AND the sauce is a healthy alternative to a white sauce, just as creamy but loaded with veg. If you haven’t made the cauliflower white sauce you can also use a traditional white sauce.
Serves 2 – 3
- 250g ready made fresh ravioli pasta (I used smoked pancetta and mozzarella)
- 350g pasta sauce or passata (I used a jar of my home made salsa di pomodoro)
- 300g cauliflower white sauce
- 30g pitted dry black olives (optional)
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan)
- Using the pasta sauce or passata, spoon a layer of the sauce into the bottom of your baking dish
- Layer the ravioli, ensuring there is enough space for the pasta to swell
- Scatter the olives and some of the grated cheese on top (see below)
- Add more sauce and another layer of pasta and olives
- If you still have a bit of sauce left, add the rest now and then spoon on the cauliflower white sauce
- Scatter the rest of the grated cheese on top
- Put in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.